It is evident that before investing in any important thing or project, you tend to fully understand everything related to it. So why not do it in the case of solar power too? If you have decided to install solar power in your home, you will have to spend a lot of money and time focusing on it. Therefore, you must spend adequate time gaining prerequisite knowledge about certain aspects of the solar panel and other equipment. The best way to do this is by asking questions.
In this article, we will guide you through every question you should raise before installing your solar panel.
Questions About Solar Equipment
It is important to ensure the best quality solar equipment to use your solar power system for a long time without disruptions. Some questions you should consider asking your solar installer about the solar equipment include:
- What is the size of the system in kilowatts?
- What will it look like after installation? (a 3-D representation)
- What is the model of the solar panel?
- How many solar panels do you need to be installed for your house?
- What is the model of inverter or micro-inverter being used?
- How much electricity (approximately) will be generated in terms of kWh per year?
- How many years of warranty will be provided on the equipment being installed?
- What are the common problems faced by households with solar equipment?
- How can I take care of the equipment? What to do and what to avoid?
The answers to these questions can ensure that you choose the best equipment for your home.
Installing solar equipment is a process that cannot be conducted again and again. Once conducted, it should last for about 25 years without causing any problems. Therefore, it is good to be fully equipped with the necessary knowledge to ensure that your equipment is worth your time and money.
Questions About Installer
You need to gather as much knowledge as possible about the installer who will set up the solar panels in your home. You should certainly choose someone with years of experience in the field so that they can ensure proper installation and guide you with best practices. Some questions that you should ask your installer before choosing them include the following:
- How long have you been a part of the solar industry?
- What is the number of solar systems you have installed to date?
- What are the licenses and certificates you have acquired to date? (Make sure they have the necessary certifications, including the BIS.)
- What is the business license number of the Installer?
- Do you take the help of subcontractors for your work? If so, how can we trust them with the best quality work?
- Can you provide us with any testimonials or cases of satisfied customers?
- Are you well aware of all the solar-power-related norms and regulations in the region?
When you get the answers to these questions, it will be easier for you to decide if the installer is worth your money and trust or not. Moreover, the experience level combined with testimonials can help you put your faith in them to be stress-free about the installation process.
Questions About Money
- What will be the level of savings per year and the estimated increase in utility rates?
- What are the solar incentives that I can receive?
- What will be the total cost of the system?
- What are the loan facilities for the solar equipment, and what will the total cost be?
- How can I receive the subsidy?
- How much will it cost to add a solar battery?
The three most important money-related topics that should capture your attention include: the solar tax credit, savings estimates, and financing options.
The government of India provides a subsidy of about 30% to every person who installs a solar system in their household. The subsidy goes up to 70% in certain states, such as J & K, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, etc. The installer should have adequate knowledge and be clear and upfront regarding various tax and subsidy-related issues.
The Installer should, in clear words, guide you about the savings you can make each year by making reliable calculations. There should not be any boasting or wrong assumptions about the figures or the level of savings.
You should be clear about the loan or financing options if you prefer to choose one. You should also ask about the price you will have to pay if you make the complete payment at once versus the price you need to pay if you pay in instalments.
Questions About the Work Being Done
You should try to ensure that the company you have chosen for the work follows the best practices in the installation process so that a smooth and proper installation can be ensured. For this, you can ask them the following questions:
- What will be the steps incurred in the process of installation?
- How much time will be taken up by you in the installation process?
- What guarantees will be provided to us regarding your work and its reliability?
- What happens if we face any problems, such as leaks, after installing the solar panels?
If you receive satisfying answers to these questions, only then should you proceed with the installation process. This will ensure the proper installation of the system.
Questions About the Future
You need to learn about the future of the solar panels installed on your house. For that, you can ask the installer certain questions, such as:
- What will happen if the solar panels fail to produce the amount of energy that you claim?
- How can I monitor the energy generation of my solar system?
- How can I get the solar panels removed or shifted if I want to get work done on my roof?
- What will happen if the panels stop working due to storms, rain, or manufacturing defects?
- How can I add a battery or additional panels to my solar system?
Having asked all these questions, you can be pretty sure about your choice. You will be content with your investment and stress-free about your future if you invest with the correct firm and ask all the questions to satiate your curiosity.
Partner with Waaree today to get answers to all your solar system-related questions and allow us to help you with a proper installation, guaranteeing your satisfaction.